Friday 14 June 2013

FIVE Life Birds in Minnesota!

Today was an amazingly awesome day!!! We spent all day in Minnesota and visited a National Wildlife Refuge called Prairie Wetlands Learning Center. I highly highly recommend visiting the park if you are ever in   the Fergus Falls, Minnesota area. The area is beautiful and even in the middle part of the day, the birds are great!! I got FOUR new Life Birds at the refuge and one more along the interstate today!

My first life bird was American White Pelican... a nemesis bird of mine back in Ohio! At Prairie Wetlands, I picked up Clay-colored Sparrows, Yellow-headed Blackbirds (which I think are now my favorite bird!), Brewer's Blackbird, and a Sedge Wren!

I took tons of pictures today... Here are a few!
Bobolink in Minnesota

My Life Clay-colored Sparrows!

The Prairie Wetlands Learning Center


Me right before I saw my lifer Yellow-headed Blackbirds!!

My new favorite bird: Yellow-headed Blackbird!


Margaret watching sparrows!

Thirteen-lined Ground Squirrel

No comments:

Post a Comment